Learning so much on the road to becoming me... Enjoying the journey

This is a brief invitation into the innerworkings of my brain... Some words are insights into my private thoughts and emotions while others are humorous and carefree... Everything here is my opinion and from my perspective and is in no way meant to offend, harm, or persecute. I merely needed an outlet for the tons of concepts flowing through my head daily. Feel free to comment, but please do so with respect for others as well as yourself.







Other than that... Happy reading :) -A.T.M.







Monday, July 1, 2013

Mind... Control...

Good Morning Bloggerverse...
I just realized that it's been a WHILE since my last post... Also realized that I've really been looking forward to this vacation only to come to terms with the fact that it is giving me too much time to sit and think about all of the things that I have spent the last few months completely numbing myself to....

Another lesson learned: If you are not well-practiced in the art (And I really do believe that it is an art....) of delusion... The things that you are avoiding, running away from, ignoring, or just generally not dealing with by any other label.... WILL MOST DEFINITELY find their way into your subconscious, your actual conscious, your general conversations (brought up by other people).... lol These things will FIND YOU... Which only means that I should have subscribed to my usual theory of dealing with things head on to begin with... But sometimes when things are too painful to deal with... Pose too much of a threat to unravel you at the seams.... Putting it off... Practicing ninja-like numbing techniques... Avoiding people who can see right through you... All of these seem like more viable options.... And still do for me...

Anyway though... This morning... something that I have been battling with internally confronted me head on. I had a dream which literally woke me from what would have been an otherwise amazing slumber super early... My dreams have been extremely vivid lately... And even in my dreams, my buried thoughts have thrived and flourished monumentally... They have embraced my sleep as an ally and faithful forum to yell and scream at me to the top of their lungs... Tangent over. So I wake from this dream, and I can't really sit still because going back to sleep isn't really a possibility straight away.... So instead I get up and move around... Engage in an unintentional conversation... Then go roaming around to check on my sister who would have usually come to find me by now... While sitting with her... Joyce Myers (Meyers?) comes on the television.

At this point, all I know about Joyce is what I have seen retweeted from her around the twitterverse on occasion. I have never actually heard her speak or been especially moved by anything that she has ever really had to say. But today, she began spouting off about a topic that I have been trying to wrap my mind around for quite some time now. Joyce was discussing the amazing power that our thoughts have over our lives... And the impact that that power can have, both positive and negative... And our ability create circumstances, perspectives, and overall ways of being based on our thoughts. Plainly put, if you walk into a situation saying "I can't take one more set back", or "I cannot bear to deal with this or that", or "This will be the end or me, it will ruin me"... You have already created a defeated climate through which prospering in spite of has already been ruled out as an option. As a result, though being hurt, or depressed, or upset about things can be a very natural part of life.... We then choose to either allow those states of being to flourish, or to cast them out and deny their continued existence.

This will likely be a short string of thoughts because I am not sure I am ready to weigh in on this. It is too close for comfort and as much as I would like to maintain belief in the power of thoughts and the power of words... I also see so many contradictions of that around me. Either we are saying one thing to ourselves with no true conviction behind our thoughts/words... OR... this theory is completely bogus and our thoughts are just our thoughts and have no real impact on our behaviors or the outcomes of our situations.... I just found it very interesting that this message found me while I was ignoring and avoiding it.... I truly believe that your thoughts can set the tone for your approach to a situation and can send messages to others that you may not even be aware of. Both of these, can in turn, impact the way the other person perceives the situation and perceives you. Your thoughts can also give you the will to press through and/or give up on something... But I also think that some pain, some situations, some things.... Just are. And I don't KNOW if I believe that thoughts have the power to influence those circumstances as well. I guess it's possible... Anything is possible... I also suppose that this is where faith comes in... I'm sure it's there somewhere.... Isn't it always?
**le sigh** I dunno...

I'm sure I'll blog more over the next two weeks... I have nothing but space, time, and opportunity.

I hope that all of you are well and that life is teaching and treating you to many beautiful lessons. =)

Until next time, Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment